Social media without a doubt has become a way to not only connect with others but it’s also proved to be an invaluable way to spread the word of what you have to offer. So, what does this mean to a blogger who wants to gain more traffic to their website? It’s obvious social media can help you connect but using social media effectively in your blog is something you have to learn in order to achieve success. Below are a few tips to get your blog seen by people who will actually help you get traffic!
Social Media Can Boost Your Blog!
- Two of the more popular ways of getting your blog seen on the internet are sharing your content through Facebook and Twitter. If you’re not using these methods to get people visiting your site you’re missing out big time. And you don’t have to post constantly to gain traffic to you site. Personally, I try and share content on these two social media giants about two to three times a day. While I don’t get a ton of hits on my blog it does gain traffic. After a while you find that your followers increase and with each passing week your traffic increases too. So, give it a shot. Post a few short post to these social media platforms and watch as your blog gets more hits. The key is not quantity but rather consistency and using the right keywords for your content.
- Social media is a great way to promote your content but remember to add some visualization to your work. That’s right. By adding pictures or video to your blog your chances of viewers sticking around increase threefold. Considering most internet surfers only hang around for a few seconds it’s important to do what you can to keep them interested. So, try using social media to increase you viewer engagement. This will also lead to more traffic to your blog.
- Write captivating headlines! Your headline to your blog is going to really make your blog standout or not. It’s one of those things you can do to really boost viewer traffic so if you’re not writing the best headline you can think of, you are definitely missing the boat. You want your blog to stand out from the rest of the pack so without trying to be too in your face, write a headline that’s interesting and uses keywords related to your topic. And if your still wondering what to do, check out this free ebook on creating captivating headlines. Captivating Headlines Ebook
- Engage in social media groups that are related to your blog topic. This is another way you can increase your chances of getting your blog seen. If you simply connect with other people who share a common interest, you may find that you will not only make new friends but you will learn from what they do. It’s one of the best ways to get moving your blogs on social media too.
- While social media can help your blog your content is going to be what makes or breaks your business. The reality is the more you write the more tips and tricks you learn. It’s really that simple. And it doesn’t have to be full of technical jargon to be successful. Take for instance the way I write. I’m certainly no expert on pen and paper. I just try the best I can to put useful information out there for anyone looking to become a blogger. And blogging should be something fun that you do. It shouldn’t feel like you’re dreading every sentence you write. Just be yourself, write with your own style and the rest will follow!
These are just a few ways you can get your blog moving in the right direction on social media but it’s important to understand that just using social media online platforms is not your only option to get your blog more traffic. You can also use offline methods like leaving your card with your website address on it to various public places like libraries, grocery stores and people you meet in passing. I’m sure you get the picture but probably the best way to get your blog seen is to keep writing quality content every day. Experts suggest writing close to 1500 words per blog post but that will vary depending on whether you are writing a review or on a particular topic. The key in all honesty is to write consistently. Social media will boost your blog to higher levels so use it but use it wisely. Here’s a good article on social media I found that can really help you understand social media and how it can bump up your blog. Social Media Resource
Now, if you’re still wondering how in the heck you can get support and find a platform that will help you actually make an income blogging there are a number of affiliate programs out there you can try that are geared towards helping you make an income online. While it may seem easier to just start a blog and use social media to spread your word, there’s much more to it than that. You really want to locate a company with a proven track history that helps their members make a successful living at blogging. But, don’t worry….I found one and it honestly works for me. I’m not just blowing hot air here either. It really does work if and only if you are willing to learn and apply what you have been taught. To see what I do and sign up today take a look here! Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate has been around for a long time…..over ten years. In the online business world that means this is a company that has risen from the ashes of other online platforms and proved itself as having excellent sustainability. But, is it really for anyone? In a nutshell no it’s definitely not for everyone. It’s not for tire kickers who can’t commit to anything long term. It’s not for those who think they can run things on autopilot. And it’s not for people who thing someone else should do all the work. Wealthy Affiliate is for people who are serious about making an income online and will work hard to achieve success regardless of the obstacles.
So, What Is Wealthy Affiliate All About?
Pick A Niche And Blog About It!
I signed up with Wealthy Affiliate almost two months ago. At first I was sceptical but saw it as an opportunity to earn income writing about my passion. Immediately I noticed people were quick to welcome me into the community and for the first time I felt these members were sincere. As I began the training and building my own website with Wealthy Affiliate I noticed something else. There was no member bashing, no spamming, nothing negative. The owners run a tight ship. I also noticed that if I had a question about the training whether it be keywords, SEO, picking a niche or using WordPress everyone was helpful. As I learned through the first month I picked up so many tips and business ideas I just wanted to learn more. I have never felt that way about any online venture. But this one is different. It’s a real opportunity to make a good living but it takes work.
The reason I say this works is because it’s been proven by other people and the owners actually stand behind what they offer. Wealthy Affiliate has been around for a long time, over ten years. And since I joined I realized what I had been doing wrong in the past. In 2011 I started blogging for people helping to promote their products and services. Don’t laugh but I actually began writing on Fiverr.com as a article writer. I know it may sound like a waste of time and to be honest I was wondering what the heck do these people do with the blogs I write? I honestly had no clue. All I knew is they would order a “gig” for five bucks and like a good dog I would write what they requested. The article/blog requests varied. I may be writing about composite material one day and the next it might be a review of some kind of tire tread. But I kept at it for four years! No kidding! When I finally joined Wealthy Affiliate I realized what I was doing was all wrong. Well, maybe not all wrong because I did get some blogging experience but I was not capitalizing on my work as best I could. I figured a 300 word article/blog was worth five bucks and that’s what I got. I won’t go into all Wealthy Affiliate did to open up my eyes to the reality of content writing but I will say it was a wake up call.
Wealthy Affiliate Works If You Can Work
Earn Income By Blogging
Since joining I am now beginning to really figure things out but there’s much more to learn. It really is a journey that just keeps getting better with each day. In the first month I consider this the ‘getting your feet wet’ stage. There were times I was overwhelmed and at those times I simply walked away until I could come back fresh. When I did come back I would usually have more ideas for content and used the support forum for encouragement. I also checked out other members work and comments which was in itself an invaluable resource. My journey with Wealthy Affiliate is not over yet, there’s no doubt about it. If I ever need motivation I just read a blog I wrote about keeping on here! Tips To Motivate!
Stay Motivated Business Blogging
Business blogging for an income is a job. It’s not blogging about your day or what your friends are doing on Facebook or Twitter. Once you understand this and treat your blog as a business plan you will begin seeing results. Let’s face it, there are so many distractions in the world today that it’s hard to take an online business to its full potential. So, lets try and cut the fat here and look at some tips that will help keep you motivated through the tough times during your blogging for business venture. Below are some tips that should help you to stay motivated to keep writing even when things are looking their lowest.
- One of the best ways to stay motivated while you’re building your business blog is to remind yourself this is an ongoing venture. There will be highs and lows. There will be days you just don’t want to bother writing. There will be times you ask “What’s the point?” During these times it’s important to look down the road. Where do you want to be next year at this time? Remind yourself that like any business plan, blogging for income is a journey and the more content you write the better you will get and you will increase your content base.
- Keep your head together and get rid of distractions. There are so many distractions in life. It can be your next door neighbor yelling or playing loud music. It could be that nagging sore throat or the bills that can’t be put off anymore. If you commit to just 1 hour a day dedicated to writing content you will move forward, I guarantee it. So, ignore the goings on around you and focus on what you are doing right now which is writing content and learning more about blogging as a business.
Most of us have checked out affiliate programs that are designed to help you earn online. But it can be a bit confusing especially if you are just starting out. It may be difficult to understand just how they work and how they actually make you money online. So, let’s look at Wealthy Affiliate for a minute and see how exactly this site works and whether or not this is a scam or something with a viable service for it’s members.
Earn Income By Blogging
Wealthy Affiliate works somewhat like this. Members sign up either for free or they can sign up as a premium for 47.00 a month. With the premium membership members get a wide variety of resources designed to make them an income. Wealthy Affiliate gives it’s members two free websites which they can build with the sites default domain. With these sites they build posts and pages which promote different affiliate products of the members choice. Members are encouraged for find a niche that they find interesting and from there they begin to build their business. The site has a huge support base of members and the owners are on site daily to help members along. Of all of the support and different types of training modules available as well as videos posted frequently I found this program is probably the best online for newbies.
I’ll See How Wealthy Afflliate Pans Out
By checking out a number of reviews on the site I found that Wealthy Affiliate appears to not be a scam. In fact considering this website has been helping members find success since 2005 I think it’s something worth checking out if you want to promote affiliate products. There’s a lot to learn on Wealthy Affiliate I have to admit and for some it may seem overwhelming at first. The training lessons and the bootcamp lessons can seem endless but it’s all geared towards you making a good online income. So, that’s my take on Wealthy Affiliate. I signed up 7 weeks ago and am building my business. In the coming weeks and months I will update on my progress! Check Out Wealthy Affiliate Here
Free Web Counter>
If you’re like me you have a reason for starting a blogging business. It may be to simply start something new in your life or you may just be trying to start making money online or just to see what this blogging thing is all about. And if you’re blogging to try and actually make a living it’s important to have a goal set for your blogging for business endeavors. You may not really know what you want to blog about at first either. This is fine just so long as you find a niche you think is worth while long term somewhere through the process.
Learn How To Use WordPress!
Setting goals is probably the most important aspect when you begin blogging for money. And to be completely honest with you, your goals will change as you continue on writing on a daily basis. If your goal is to make a long term income through your writing you should have some idea of how much you would be happy making in 3 months up to 1 year. The best way to do this is to write down your short term and long term business blogging goals in terms of money in your business. Remember though, success will not come overnight and is a combination of consistency, drive, ability to learn and overall dedication.
Your first goal could simply be finding a decent platform to write on that supports the type of blogging you are doing. The second would be to find a niche that you would be interested in writing about long term. I won’t go into too many ideas but hopefully you can think of a few yourself. It could be blogging about sports, knitting, learning how to surf…the list really just goes on but you need to find one that you would keep at years down the road. Your next goal could be learning to incorporate keywords in your blogs and then learn WordPress. After that it could be learning how SEO works. Hopefully you’re getting the picture here. And remember, blogging for an income is not a race but simply a new chapter in your life that will take time and a willingness to keep at something.
Blogging as a way to earn online is not as hard as it may appear but it’s crucial to find something that you would be happy to do for a long time. You don’t have to learn everything all at once either. If you take things one day at a time, write about something that interest you and visualize the long term benefits, your blogging business will soar and will generate and income for you! To see how I got started blogging for a living check out this link! Wealthy Affiliate
Dave Donahue is a blogger who writes blogging tips for those looking to start their own business. He lives in North Carolina and is an avid fisherman. Dave Donahue
Dave Donahue And Son
Free Web Counter>