How To Blog For Money. Why Your Blog Might Not Be Making You Any!
How To Blog For Money
Starting a blog is easy. I don’t think I have met anyone who hasn’t at least entertained the thought. But do all of these people know how to blog for money? No. And it’s not because they don’t want to earn with their blog, it’s because they don’t know how to do it correctly.
If you are in the boat of bloggers who are struggling to earn money there are some things which may be holding you back from earning anything. But, know that’s it’s not your fault because the blogging arena can be overwhelming and the competition in some of the niches can be extremely fierce. You can earn money blogging if you know some of the do’s and don’ts of the business so here are a few tips to get you on the right track to earning with your blog.
The Do’s Of Blogging
- You want to start a blog that will hold some interest to your readers. And it should also be something you are interested in.
- You want to write content that’s engaging and well written free of spelling errors.
- You don’t want to emulate someone else’s style of writing. Be yourself and write as you speak.
- Always look to write content that creates a problem and a solution for your readers.
- Comment on other blogs. This helps with search engine rankings.
- Work on becoming an authority on your niche.
- Don’t look at your blog as a competition to other blogs. Make yours unique.
- Have fun writing your blog and experiment with themes, styles and length of content.
- Always use a keyword tool that helps with finding topics and keywords and phrases.
- Look at long term success.
The Dont’s of Blogging
- Don’t look at your blog as a race against time.
- Don’t write content that is too short or long. Aim for between 750-1500 words per post.
- Don’t forget to add relevant images.
- Don’t write large paragraph blocks. Split up your paragraphs.
- Don’t focus on selling. Focus on creating quality content.
- Don’t forget to thank your readers and respond to comments.
- Don’t get frustrated. Remember why you are blogging and stick to your goals.
- Don’t listen to naysayers. You can earn with a blog if you keep at it.
- Don’t second guess yourself
- Don’t follow the herd. Be unique and be yourself.
Why Isn’t Your Blog Making You Money?
Here is where your determination will come in. It’s very important to keep at your blog even when you feel like quitting. And I can attest that there will probably be a time when you feel like giving up. It happens to the best of us. Unfortunately lack of results is why most people quit their blog and chase some other program online. This creates a vicious cycle. Don’t go that route.
Some statistics state that 95% of beginning bloggers will quit within the first year. 5% will go on to succeed. That’s only 5 people out of 100 who will actually earn anything on their blog. I always tell people to give their blog a year minimum to see any real results and to earn even a dime. I know it sounds bleak but the key is to not focus on making money but on seeing your blog flourish.
Why listen to me? Probably because I have been down the road. The road of hard knocks. Not only in life but in the blogging arena as well. My first year as a blogger I made no money at all. I was busy writing content so I didn’t really focus too much on the dollar bill. But after a year my site started getting traffic and making commissions and now it pays for itself and pays me as well. No it isn’t hard physical work but the payoff can be much more than working a job that can sap energy from you. All it takes is commitment.
Where Will You Be In A Year From Now?
A year is a very short period of time. It goes by in a flash. If you were to start a blog now in a niche you enjoy chances are you could be making decent money in a year. In two you could be making enough to pay all your bills and living a good life. And that’s working for yourself. Not for someone else.
I tell everyone I know that yes you can do this and make money. And I know you can too if you dedicate yourself. Learn how to blog effectively, promote something of value and be consistent. It doesn’t take a lot of hard work, just work that’s consistent. I challenge you to start a blog and see it through until you earn money at it. I know you can do it, you just need to believe you can. I believe in you and know you can do it!