Can Anyone Make A Living As A Blogger?
You want to make a living as a blogger right? Do you know how to go about doing this or are you just wishing things will happen? So many people I talk too think it’s cool to make a living as a blogger but they just don’t know where or how to start. Sound familiar? It should if you are just starting out because a year and a half ago I was in the same boat. I had no clue how to get my blog out of the starting gate and I really didn’t even know what platform to use. That all changed once I did some extensive research. Below are five tips I learn on blogging and which road to take.
1) Pick A Niche You’re Interested In. Picking a niche is your first step to creating a quality blog that produces results. You should choose one that’s interesting to you and that you can see yourself writing on for the next year at least. Don’t worry though, you may decide later to change niches but those who become an authority in one particular niche fair much better down the road. Think it over but don’t overthink your niche. It should be something you have a passion for.
2) Use A Platform Designed For Making Money As A Blogger. Here is where alot of folks get tangled up. They just don’t know which platform to use. And considering there are online schools that teach you how to blog for an income that charge a ton on money, I would consider going a different route. But do get an education in learning how to make a living as a blogger. This is my recommendation. https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/createaccount/newsignups
3) Ask For Help When You Get Stuck This is important especially if you are a newbie blogger. Getting stuck on the path to blogging success is common as there are many ways to write and promote your blog. Join some of the many forums out there on blogging for a living and you will find the help you need. You can also find help on the blogging platform I recommend. I will say this platform is for serious people looking to earn a real income and not just tire kickers!
4) Be Consistent With Your Efforts Here again is where people will fail at their blog. Some just don’t see the importance of writing frequently while others just lose interest over time. Don’t be that person and keep on when the going is slow. This will be the way you will succeed. Remember the Tortoise and the Hare story? Be the Tortoise!
5) Look At Long Term Success…Not Overnight! Unfortunately we live in an instant gratification world. If you can look at where you will be in one to two years versus one to two months you’re on the right path. Many blogs take up to three to five years to become successful. But that’s what it will take to make a living as a blogger. You need to look at the big picture and keep consistent. You will have times you want to throw in the towel but don’t. With time and effort, your blog will be a success!